The cosy, picturesque village of San Juan is your gateway to the far north of Ibiza and its unspoilt beaches, off the beaten track villages, superb restaurants and wineries. Strolling the streets of San Juan, with its mix of whitewashed and stone houses, you’re transported back to a time before tourism. Choose to live in or near San Juan and you may feel the urge to join those of us who prefer to melt into the real Ibiza and explore an alternative lifestyle.
1) The Giri Café has a sundrenched garden open from breakfast to dinner that serves contemporary Mediterranean influenced dishes made with local produce and some of our favourite cocktails on the island.
2) Shamarkanda, just outside San Juan and a popular meeting place for locals, artists and explorers and us, and offers a thoroughly international menu, cocktails and live music most nights.
3) A Mi Manera, in a relaxing garden setting, is upmarket and healthy, offering a colourful, energising ‘natural pop’ and an international meeting place.
4) Cana Pepeta uses the finest, freshest ingredients sourced locally and often grilled, served in a cosy setting and on a spacious patio and is highly regarded by the foodies among us.
5) Estanco Can Vidal in the Placa de España was founded in 1847, makes its own ‘Hierbas Ibicenco’ liquor and is the place where we for the real Ibiza.
1) Cala de Sant Vicent is a sandy beach sheltered by rocky headlands with restaurants and shops along the front that’s perfect for a family beach day out.
2) Portinatx is three beaches all with safe, shallow water and home to the Six Senses resort where luxury accommodation is the setting for spiritual experiences rooted in the local culture.
3) Cala Xarraca, just five kilometres from San Juan, with its crystal clear water and tranquil vibe is one of Ibiza’s best beaches.
4) Cala d’en Serra is off the beaten track and a bit of a hike to reach but it’s perfect for snorkelling and there’s a funky shack on the beach that offers seafood and cocktails.
5) Cala Benirrás is the place to go to watch the sun go down behind the ‘Finger of God’ out to sea to the sound of mesmerising drumming.
6) Es Paller d’en Cap, only reachable via a man made cave may well be Ibiza’s hardest to reach beach but it’s worth it.
As Ibiza’s most trusted and recommended real estate agent, we offer the island’s most exclusive portfolio of luxury homes for sale and to rent for the holiday of a lifetime.
We are people from elsewhere who fell in love with Ibiza and have chosen to live and work here with our families. Our love for the island has driven us to connect with the island, its people and culture. It’s our mission to help you discover what you need to become an active member of the island community so you can help shape its future if you choose. Please, speak to us.